This is not the first time I do this and it is on the edge of embarrassing except this time I knew I had tools to get me out: lose the source code to a java application.
I have this application that was done a year ago and I guess that in the rush to get it to production I forgot to import the code in SVN.
A year later we have changed a few things and now I have to change a few lines in the code and add a method to it.
I remembered using a command line tool under Linux to decompile but since I could not remember the name of it I had to search for it. In the first few results of my google search for “java decompiler” came this site:
I tried to install the JD-Eclipse but I don’t see how to use it so I simply downloaded and used the JD-Gui for Linux and it works beautifully. I can see my source code in the .class file in 2 seconds and now I can easily change it. This is so convenient.